5.07.2011

Aw Shucks!

I've been on a bit of a blogging hiatus the past couple weeks because I haven't had much down time to write.  But while I've been away two of you lovely ladies nominated me for my first blogging awards for which I am truly grateful.  Thanks to Jen at the Chronicles of Violetta Margarita for the Versatile Blogger Award and Cyndi at Then Comes the Baby in the Baby Carriage for the Stylish Blogger Award.



So, here's how this works:

1.  Winners grab the image and put it in your blog.

2.  Link back to the person who gave you it.

3.  Tell 10 things about yourself (per award)

4.  Award 5 bloggers (Stylish Blogger) and Award 15 bloggers (Versatile Blogger).

5.  Contact the bloggers you have awarded to let them know they have won.

Since I was nominated for two separate awards, it looks like I should technically share 20 things about myself.  So here it goes:

1.  My husband and I live in a Sear.s kit house from the 1930s and I love its big front porch.

2. I'm a serial "snoozer" and hit the snooze button 4-5 times a morning before I actually roll out of bed. 

3. I'd rather spend the money we will likely spend on IVF to make a large down payment on a Syn.ergy Green Cama.ro.  :)

4. My husband bought me a pair of Heely's for Christmas in 2009 and I still haven't figured out how to use them.  I don't understand how kids zoom around in them so easily!!

5. I probably eat popcorn for dinner more often than I should.

6. I love to travel.  In addition to many places in the U.S., I've also been to Spain, Guatemala, Costa Rica, Honduras, Peru, Mexico, U.K., Scotland, France, Italy, Canada, Jamaica, Grand Caymans, the Bahamas and the Domincan Republic.

7. I've watched Grea.se more times than I can remember.

8.  I've never been one to nap much unless I'm feeling under the weather, but when it is time for bed I shut down like clockwork.

9. I love a good thunderstorm.

10. I don't have a cell phone with a data plan. 

11. I love going to baseball games with my husband and rooting for our home team (who currently hold the best record in baseball so far this season).

12. I like wandering around cemeteries.

13. I wish I was more creative.

14. I prefer pie over cake.

15. I don't have any tattoos, but if I was forced to get one it would say "Made in Hawaii."

16. I've only been downhill skiing once.  I was in fourth grade and broke my leg.  Never tried it again after that.

17. I was a competitive swimmer throughout most of my childhood and college. 

18. I went to a frog jumping contest and festival last summer and plan to go again this year.

19. I think coffee smells good, but don't really like to drink it.

20.  We're taking care of a cat that belongs to our neighbor.  He's an indoor-outdoor cat who abandoned his home after their daughter moved back with a small dog of some sort.  He was spending cold winter nights between our garage and our fence so we started letting him into our house so he could stay warm.  Our neighbors know he has been staying with us, but have never asked us to return him.  He's the first pet I've ever had.

And the nominees for the Stylish Blogger Award are:

1.  Lauren at Every Word Is Nonsense
2.  Tracy at My Seriously Broken Oven
3.  Ed at Things People Said After My Miscarriage
4.  Reusethematerialgirl at Take Home Baby
5.  Jill at musicmakermomma

And (some of) the (15!!) nominees for the Versatile Blogger Award are:

1.  Cheers at I Just Relaxed. It Didn't Work.
2.  The Infertile Gynecologist
3.  Pendiente
4.  embracingtherain






No comments:

Post a Comment